A Slight Delay

This post is written for Friday Fictioneers.

ben-gurion-airport-2
PHOTO PROMPT © Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

Dear Ginger:

Sorry my love but I be slightly delayed for our marriage ceremonies. Weather here is dreadful. Not sure when the next flight to Detroit is but you can bet I will be on it. Thanks again for allowing me some time to get myself together. I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to commit to a lifetime together.

Wait! They are announcing my flight. Wonderful news!

Heading toward the gate I hear my salvation. “Announcing the boarding of flight 656 non-stop to London will begin in five minutes.”

32 thoughts on “A Slight Delay

1. gahlearner June 25, 2019 / 12:20 pm

This is great, you make us all really mad at the guy, perfect characterization in such few words.

2. Brenda's Thoughts June 21, 2019 / 11:41 pm

What a scoundrel. If he doesn’t want to commit, he should have the courage to let her go, to tell her the truth. There’s a lot behind the scenes here. Nicely done!

3. Abhijit Ray June 21, 2019 / 2:40 am

This person has serious commitment phobia and is a coward. Why is he lying even when he is about to board a flight to London, instead of Detroit?

4. patriciaruthsusan June 20, 2019 / 9:41 am

A good story, Danny. This guy is a liar and unreliable. It’s a good thing she’s finding it out before marriage. —- Suzanne

5. Sandra June 20, 2019 / 6:00 am

I think he owed her something more than that. You got his character in 100 words. Well done.

6. pennygadd51 June 20, 2019 / 5:26 am

Well, I didn’t expect that! What a rat! I wonder, though, whether Ginger was altogether surprised…

7. Dale June 19, 2019 / 10:46 pm

Chicken sh*t!
    She’s better off without him.
    I like this take!

8. msjadeli June 19, 2019 / 4:02 pm

If that’s how he handles stress, better off without him. Good story.

9. jillyfunnell June 19, 2019 / 3:16 pm

I can’t help it, I just really like stories of escaping from marriage ceremonies. Just the way I am, too late to change now. Poor Ginger. Fred ain’t coming to Motown.

10. granonine June 19, 2019 / 2:52 pm

What a rotten thing to do! May he be cursed to travel from airport to airport for the rest of his pitiful life.

• granonine June 19, 2019 / 5:45 pm

Maybe. I can’t abide liars. They do so much harm. Not much sympathy in my heart for this guy, lying and leaving all at the same time.

11. trentpmcd June 19, 2019 / 11:48 am

“Dear Ginger:” signed “The Professor”? As far as I know he was a confirmed life long bachelor. Might be a while before he makes it to Detroit….

12. David Stewart June 19, 2019 / 11:12 am

Intriguing story. Sounds like there’s more going on under the surface and that maybe he’s making a dash for it. Good job.
    -David

• Danny James June 19, 2019 / 11:52 am

He is indeed making a dash for it. Thanks for commenting!