Carpe Diem #364 — Yaroslavsky Terminal Moscow

Credits: Yaroslavsky Terminal Moscow

Well … off we go on our first part of our journey straight through the Soviet Union with the TSR up to Vladivostok and finally we will arrive at Shikoku Island.  I combined a Haiku pared with an American Sentence. Special thanks to Bjorn.

Written for Carpe Diem.

Clouds out my window

violin strings are in the air

a leaving behind

Reflecting on the pleasure of the  journey that will be my future.

Table chair bowl of fruit

train whistles mark my journey

a new life begins

9 thoughts on “Carpe Diem #364 — Yaroslavsky Terminal Moscow

1. Björn Rudberg (brudberg) January 2, 2014 / 1:43 pm

Ha… your comments are very much appreciated… I learned about american sentences a while ago.. to me I think they lend themselves to capture a level of grittiness that went goes well with cities and trainstation…

Ginsburg was after all well aware of Haiku poetry and he was a Buddhist.. but the sentenses works in some instanses where haiku don’t. To put in som level of juxtaposition and think of them as haiku helps.

Actually some of the one-line haiku’s by Lolly and Wabi are similar to American Sentenses in a way..

• Danny James January 2, 2014 / 1:48 pm

I’m learning! Thanks for the read and thoughtful comment.

2. magicalmysticalteacher January 2, 2014 / 8:53 am

Is the journey the future or the now? 😉

• Danny James January 2, 2014 / 10:12 am

Not to be evasive; but both.

Thanks for the read.

3. Chèvrefeuille January 1, 2014 / 11:55 pm

This is a great response on our prompt for today Danny … I like this combining two kinds of poetry a lot. Of course I am more of the haiku, but the American Sentence sounds great too. However I hadn’t heard earlier of American Sentences. Read that for the first time in Bjorn’s post for today’s Carpe Diem prompt.
    Thank you for sharing and being a participant in Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

• Danny James January 2, 2014 / 10:14 am

My pleasure!

Thanks for the read. I also read Bjorn’s post and it gave me the idea to try that format.

4. Anja January 1, 2014 / 10:46 pm

Bjorn is amazing. 🙂 This was lovely…especially violin strings in the air.

• Danny James January 1, 2014 / 11:00 pm

Thanks Anja! Sometimes I understand Bjorn and then……sometimes not. But he is excellent.

• Anja January 1, 2014 / 11:01 pm