Selfie

This post is in response to Friday Fictioneers. The challenge is to write a complete story with a beginning, middle and end using the picture prompt below.

PHOTO PROMPT© Roger Bultot

Sometimes you need a new perspective on your life. Every day you go about your daily activities with little thought of how things change around you. Or do they? If you take a selfie (Oxford Dictionaries chose that word as its Word of the Year in 2013) today and stood in the same place a year from now, how much would change. Same pictures on the wall? Your favorite recliner? The super soft blanket that even Linus from Peanuts would envy?

Would you even be here in a year to take the picture. Yes? No?

15 thoughts on “Selfie

1. Russell Gayer July 31, 2021 / 12:14 pm

I have grown to like and embrace change. It’s going to happen whether we like it or not, so why not roll with it.
    Love your line about the check to the funeral home bouncing. 🙂

2. Dale July 30, 2021 / 3:10 pm

Excellent contemplation. I say, live each day to the fullest. We don’t know when our time is up. Who cares what’s on the wall or what you are sitting in, really.

• Danny James July 30, 2021 / 3:38 pm

Exactly. My motto is…the best financial planning is the last check you write to the funeral home bounces.

• Dale July 30, 2021 / 3:44 pm

You got that right! I warned my kids not to expect an inheritance. I plan on spending it all 😉

3. GHLearner July 30, 2021 / 12:27 pm

An interesting question. I’d like change. Always the same can be comfort, or boring, depending on the circumstances.

4. Brenda's Thoughts July 30, 2021 / 11:46 am

It’s very true, a different perspective is a good thing. I enjoy the idea of your story. The last line is thought-provoking. We are given one day at a time. Well done!

5. Keith's Ramblings July 29, 2021 / 8:28 am

I’m a serial surroundings changer, so I’d be surprised if everything is the same a month from now! I hope I’ll still be here then.

6. granonine July 28, 2021 / 9:28 pm

Unless I die or some major catastrophe takes place, I’ll be in the same place, same furniture, same same. And I’m okay with that 🙂

7. Nobbinmaug July 28, 2021 / 7:37 pm

The more things change, the more they remain the same. That would be an interesting experiment.