Where’s Carole

This post is written for Friday Fictioneers.

PHOTO PROMPT © Trish Nankivell

Someone was knocking at the front door. He rose like a zombie to answer the summons. His feet moved without any direction from him. Until recently Carole would handle any interruptions from their quiet life. Until today.

Her fever had approached dangerous levels two days ago. Then came the lost of her taste buds. That was a devastating blow to her ego. She basked in the comments of her guests after one of her fantastic dinners.

It was their neighbor Mel.

“Where’s Carole”, he asked

10 thoughts on “Where’s Carole

1. Debra Schoop-Wilson December 1, 2022 / 4:09 pm

Hi. my name is Debbie Schoop-Wilson and I knew Carole from Santa Rosa, CA. My husband and I visited you all in NC, but I have since lost track of where in Florida Carole moved to. Can you please give her my email address and ask her to contact me? I would love to hear from her!!! It’s wilson@oreilly.com Thanks

2. msjadeli December 29, 2020 / 8:32 pm

Hopefully Carole is convalescing in the sun room out back and will be answering the door again soon.

3. bearmkwa December 25, 2020 / 8:28 am

Very timely and so true. Merry Christmas!

4. Brenda's Thoughts December 24, 2020 / 10:11 pm

Hmm, I like the mystery you left us with by his neighbor’s question. Nicely done! Wishing you a happy peaceful Christmas!

5. lois December 24, 2020 / 6:55 pm

Merry Christmas, DJ. Stay safe! Don’t be like Carole.

• Danny James December 24, 2020 / 8:40 pm

Same to you. Looks like a couple of cold days here in central Florida and up your way.

• lois December 24, 2020 / 8:59 pm

Whew! It is so cold already, and windy….!!

6. Lisa December 24, 2020 / 6:08 pm

Oh, we are left wondering just where she is! I fear the worst. Then again, I do sense more to that “Where’s Carole?” than you let on!