Working for Miss Lucy

Written for Friday Fictioneers.

copyright-scott-l-vannatter
copyright-scott-l-vannatter

I hated working for Lucy. “I’m sorry about this interruption to our project” she said.” I had to send you away before because of your little hissy fits about writing my life story. It seems you still havn’t been able to control your emotions. After all it is just the first of seven I have asked you to write. Wait till I get to number three, now that’s a doozy.”

“When you come back after the  holidays we will see how things stand. I expect…”it was the briefest of pauses—“we shall be able to work again by then.”

12 thoughts on “Working for Miss Lucy

1. Margaret December 27, 2015 / 7:20 am

The cat’s definitely in control. I wonder what happened in her third life? Clever story.

• Danny James December 27, 2015 / 7:21 am

I am currently owned by three cats. They inform me who is control starting every morning. Thanks for stopping by.

• Danny James December 26, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Thanks! The idea came from owning a cat named Lucy. She was THE devil.

2. gahlearner December 24, 2015 / 4:45 pm

Heh, the cat accuses the writer of having hissy fits. I wonder what else went wrong to make them unable to collaborate. It’s difficult to have such a scratchy employer. Happy Holidays. 🙂

3. angietrafford December 24, 2015 / 8:37 am

I wonder what pieces of emotion were not being controlled while writing a life story. It certainly makes you think 🙂 great story.

4. patriciaruthsusan December 24, 2015 / 3:22 am

Happy Holidays and a great New Year, 2016 to you and yours, Danny. 🙂 — Suzanne

5. patriciaruthsusan December 24, 2015 / 3:20 am

Sounds like the trials and tribulations of a ghost writer. I hope things work out. Well done, Danny. — Suzanne