The Chicken Kills

This piece of flash fiction is written for Friday Fictioneers

luther-siler
PHOTO PROMPT © Luther Siler

“John,” I said helplessly, “what’s wrong?”

“My chicken,” john mumbled.

“Chicken?”

“He takes over my mind whenever he gets an opportunity. He remains hidden because he’s afraid of these.” He indicates a bottle of pills on the table. “But they won’t last forever. It’s almost ten and they are wearing off. He’s close behind me right now. Pretty soon he will be digging his teeth and claws in my neck. Then I’ll give in and take another tablet and he will retreat to the background. He comes five minutes earlier every day. He wants to be the one to kill me you see.”

14 thoughts on “The Chicken Kills

1. patriciaruthsusan December 15, 2015 / 9:53 am

Very sad. At least, something’s been found to help him. That would be so scary as it’s so real to him. Tragic. Well written Danny. — Suzanne

2. aliciajamtaas December 13, 2015 / 11:25 am

This is a chillilng tale, that’s for sure. I can’t imagine a life like this. The mind plays wicked games sometimes. Well done.

3. Joy Pixley December 11, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Effectively chilling! (shiver) What an intense response to such a playful photo – I love it!

4. draliman December 11, 2015 / 3:00 pm

Maybe if he stops with the pills (or takes more of them if they’re anti-psychotics) the chicken will leave the poor fellow alone…

5. Bloggeuse December 11, 2015 / 7:32 am

Seems like there’s finally someone who found that awful chicken thing as creepy as I did!

6. Sandra December 11, 2015 / 3:14 am

Death by Chicken – indirectly of course. Nice one.