King Author

This is my silly entry for Rochelle’s Friday Fictioneers this week. For other stories click on the blue froggie at the bottom of this post. My story starts after the picture prompt.

bike_detour_at_library_randy_mazie
Copyright Randie Maize

On his way to Starbucks Brad stopped at the library. He had one final paper to write to obtain his advanced degree in European History. He knew the reference book he needed but could not remember the author.

Approaching the Librarian he asked, “I’m looking for a reference book on Evil England, can you help?”

“You mean medieval England sir?”

“Whatever. You know the one about the king who stood around his table with his pals and wrote wordy books.”

“Why yes I do,” replied the librarian. “The King you are referring to his King Author.”

“Yeah, right, that’s the dude.”

24 thoughts on “King Author

1. Suzanne Joshi December 2, 2014 / 8:38 pm

Danny, Hilarious. 😀 Let’s hope that dude spends more time at the library even after he gets his degree. That was great. Well written. 🙂 — Susan

2. dmmacilroy December 1, 2014 / 5:35 am

Dear Danny,

Delightfully lonny. Well done.

Aloha,

Doug

• Danny James December 1, 2014 / 11:01 am

Thanks Doug. Always appreciate you stopping by.

3. Jan Brown November 29, 2014 / 11:23 pm

Ah, King Author of Evil England! A legendary man–or dude– to remember.

Great story, well told!

4. Margaret November 28, 2014 / 6:26 pm

King Author sounds like a wonderful character. I want to meet him. Fun story.

• Danny James November 28, 2014 / 10:16 pm

Thanks for stopping by Margaret and commenting.

5. rochellewisoff November 28, 2014 / 9:45 am

Dear Danny,

Ah yes. King Author spending long nights around his table. 😉

Enjoyable story. I wouldn’t have mythed it for the world.

Shalom,

Rochelle

6. The Writer's Village November 27, 2014 / 10:15 pm

love it. hate it.
    And a King Arthur tome would not be a reference book. Let’s add this to the list of this fellow’s gaffs.
    But the most serious error, in my opinion, is calling anybody, much less a king, and much less King Arthur, a dude!
    And In my last passing of judgment, anyone who uses the word dude should not even be allowed into Starbucks.
    Randy

7. patrickprinsloo November 27, 2014 / 4:01 pm

Wonderful and I hope he gets his degree. Re historical stuff one needs to think of the Tudors as being on the timeline of monarchs: Wiki has a great feature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_monarchs.
    Regretfully the Arthurs & the Round Table is myth although we do have a whole bunch of deluded people running around looking for the holy grail when they should be at work supporting the economy and my state pension payments.

8. Sandra November 27, 2014 / 4:13 am

I expect he’ll be awarded his degree… with flying colours too.

9. caroljforrester November 26, 2014 / 9:08 pm

I want to shake that boy so hard. Really, at least show an interest in what you decided to do an advanced degree in.
    But I’m now going to be that really annoying person who points out King Arthur is technically ancient history and not medieval.
    I still really liked the story though.

• Danny James November 26, 2014 / 9:24 pm

Busted! Never enough research. Thanks for pointing that out. Appreciate your comment.

• caroljforrester November 27, 2014 / 5:37 am

It’s a really common mistake. Same as the assumption that the Tudors are Medieval when they are really Early Modern and now I will shut up because I’m babbling history nonsense. This is why I shouldn’t go on wordpress before my morning cuppa.