Friday Fictioneers: Insanity

My favorite challenge is Friday Fictioneers by Rochelle Wisoff Fields where we are challenged to write a 100 word story with a beginning, middle and end. Here’s my entry.

Insanity
Insanity

I told him we could find an easier and softer way of ending our relationship before he smashed me against this wall. I told him when he bought me I was built to serve the likes of Jimmy H., not someone who could not play “May had a little lamb”.

We had a great band: Peter T on synthesizer, Roger D on guitar, and Keith M on Drums.

He realized his life was becoming unmanageable. He was sick and tired of being sick and tired. He had tried one day at a time but it didn’t work. Insanity! Peace!

21 thoughts on “Friday Fictioneers: Insanity

• Danny James October 28, 2013 / 9:47 am

Thanks! Actually, “One Day at a Time” is a slogan of A.A. There are other references to his problem. “An easier and softer way” for example. No one has caught it yet.

1. MissTiffany October 25, 2013 / 10:30 am

Haha, loved it. I wonder if he has any regrets now, looking at the broken pieces.

2. rochellewisoff October 25, 2013 / 6:18 am

Dear Danny,

RIP John Entwistle, although it could hardly be said that he couldn’t play. You made me Google for details. Nice one.

shalom,

Rochelle

• Danny James October 25, 2013 / 8:50 am

He was one of the best. His synthesizer was tormenting him.

3. dmmacilroy October 25, 2013 / 6:18 am

Dear Danny,

Your story had me off on a wild goose chase learning about John Entwhistle. He could play, so I guess that wasn’t him. Good story, nevertheless.

Aloha,

Doug

• Danny James October 25, 2013 / 8:51 am

It was John E. He was one of the best guitarist ever. See my reply to Rochelle. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

4. Joanna (Lazuli Portals Trilogy) October 25, 2013 / 5:38 am

Like Janet, I switched gears at the second sentence, and read on with a fresh understanding. Perhaps *Doctor* Who could have fixed it with his sonic screwdriver?! 😉

• Danny James October 25, 2013 / 8:53 am

Nice comment. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post.

• Danny James October 24, 2013 / 4:37 pm

Bingo. You win one of the prizes. There’s another plot in there.

• Danny James October 24, 2013 / 4:39 pm

Thanks! The band is the “Who” btw. Another clue lurks in there.

5. sustainabilitea October 24, 2013 / 9:10 am

Your opening line had me thinking of abuse (of a woman),then you switched gears. Hopefully he’ll have peace now.

janet