Bangers and Mash

This post is in response the Friday Fictioneers. The challenge is to write a story with a beginning, middle and end in 100 words or less using the picture prompt below.

PHOTO PROMPT © CEAyr

The movie set looked realistic. Small boutiques lined the winding narrow cobblestone streets. Mannequins replaced actual customers in the store fronts. The old blue roadster parked at the curb beneath the gas streetlights added a finishing touch to the set.

After my mother died I remember my dad taking me to dinner at Finnieston’s, a diminutive blue building on Argyle Street.  We would take the Argyle Line and get off at the Exhibition Centre railway station. He would order his Bangers and mash. It was an experience a little lad like me will never forget.

“Action,” cried the director.

Other stories can be found by clicking here.

15 thoughts on “Bangers and Mash

1. Sue September 5, 2020 / 10:52 pm

A wonderful story! Now I’m craving bangers and mash 😊

2. granonine September 5, 2020 / 1:22 pm

I had bangers and mash when I was in England last summer. Dee-licious, not exactly the same as our sausage and potatoes here in the States.

I the love nostalgia portrayed in your story. Good memories.

3. msjadeli September 4, 2020 / 9:15 pm

I like your nostalgic piece, Danny. How cool they are recreating one of your childhood memories.

4. draliman September 4, 2020 / 9:14 am

I do likes me some bangers and mash 🙂 A staple when I was a kid!

5. Dora September 3, 2020 / 8:16 pm

Looks like his role was ready-made for the actor/narrator. His memories must make it bittersweet though.

6. Iain Kelly September 3, 2020 / 4:09 am

It’s been so nice this week to read stories set in my town! I see Argyle Street and the Exhibition Centre everyday – my own movie set 🙂

• Danny James September 3, 2020 / 4:16 pm

I had the pleasure of visiting your country 3 years ago. Loved every minute I was there