What In The World?

photo-15
Photo Credit —–Douglas M. MacIlroy

This post is written for Friday Fictioneers.

Every Wednesday he sat here and pondered the image on his computer screen. He was not alone in this obsession. People from all over the world made an appearance here.

They all worshipped this divinity. The ONE that provided their inspiration was in session in HER domain.

Their stories were different. Faced with the same problem they came to difference interpretations. Was it a craftsman at his work station? A recluse with plans to take over the world? Why the tattered globe? What were those pliers used for?

Click here!

24 thoughts on “What In The World?

1. michaelwynnauthor December 16, 2018 / 7:36 am

Yes, it’s wonderful to think of all the different people every Wednesday sat at their computers arriving at varied different stories from the same weird photos. Great take on the prompt

• Danny James December 16, 2018 / 7:52 am

I also wonderful what process everyone goes through to produce their posts. Personally I never read others posts until I have written my own. Sometimes I know immediately what I want to write and other times it takes a day or better.

2. 4963andypop December 15, 2018 / 11:11 am

How very meta of you! This is one cult I had no compunctions about joining. Oh, the draw of HER…

3. rochellewisoff December 13, 2018 / 7:49 pm

Dear Danny,

I’ve been described as the queen, the bus driver, and, even the purple pygmy. But this is the first time the word ‘divinity’ has been applied. 😉 It is an addictive exercise. I was sucked into it a little over 6 years ago and within 6 months found myself crowned. Thank you for this. You left me with all kinds of smiles. 😀 😀 😀 Fun stuff.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Liked by 2 people

• Danny James December 13, 2018 / 7:57 pm

🙂 I have had a few withdrawal symptoms over the years if I go too long without writing a story. Perhaps therapy the next time?

Liked by 2 people

4. draliman December 13, 2018 / 2:30 am

I’d never get drawn into something like that… sorry, gotta go, I have a FF story to write… 🙂

Liked by 2 people

5. granonine December 12, 2018 / 2:50 pm

I didn’t make the connection to our wonderful Rochelle until my second read-through. Love your idea.

Liked by 2 people

• trentpmcd December 12, 2018 / 12:49 pm

Yes, I got that. I thought your idea of a self-referential story was fun.

6. Iain Kelly December 12, 2018 / 11:10 am

A very metaphysical take Danny – so far a very mixed bag of explanations this week!

Liked by 2 people