Lisa

This post is submitted to Friday Fictioneers.

shaktiki3
PHOTO PROMPT © Shaktiki Sharma

“Eight fifty-five a.m. you say? Why does it seem everyone dies in the early morning? Worse case of jet lag I ever heard of, heh? Mom and dad were stars and that’s a hard way to start off life, right? Had her own problems I hear. Still, sixty is a might young, even for them movie types.”

“Yup, my kind of gal wielding that big  blaster pistol, that oh la la revealing metal bikini, and those damn strange hairdos. Not to mention her being a hard ass bitch dealing with that gangster Jabba the Hutt.”

“I love you Lisa.”

14 thoughts on “Lisa

1. Lori Carlson January 2, 2017 / 4:00 pm

Beautiful tribute, Danny. Lisa is a great gal for being so understanding 🙂

2. Michael Wynn December 29, 2016 / 4:21 am

Nice tribute, well done. Even more poignant today after the death of her mother

Liked by 2 people

• Danny James December 29, 2016 / 5:45 am

And now her mother passed away. One day after her daughter’s death.

3. Sharon Bonin-Pratt December 28, 2016 / 3:10 pm

Carrie Fisher was a great lady and I’ll miss her. Too young troubled and now too young to go but she left much behind that matters. She helped a lot of people sort through their own problems. Well done, Danny Boy.

4. Rowena December 28, 2016 / 9:27 am

Well done with the dialogue and a lovely tribute to Carrie Fisher. I have been thinking about George Michael and reflecting on my friends who were total Wham! freaks…one loved George and the other loved Andy and they would battle it out in a friendly, obsessed fan kind of way. I was equally surprised and yet not surprised by the news of Carrie Fisher. They were both one-offs and even though I don’t kn ow them as people, I can still feel a sense of disappointment that they seemed to go too soon. Not so much for myself, but for them.
    xx Rowena

5. wmqcolby December 28, 2016 / 6:54 am

Ah, yes. Lisa definitely has understood the guy very well. Wonderful remembrance of Carrie Fisher. Nicely done.