Wanted! More Thunderbolts

This post is written for Mondays Finish The Story. The challenge is to finish the story using 100-150 words, not including the sentence provided in bold below. My story follows the picture prompt. Other stories can be found by clicking on the link at the end of this post.

Zeus was not having a good day and he made sure everyone knew it.

That lightning bolt? That was just the beginning. There would be more, much more to follow. His life was spinning out of control by the minute.

Married to Hera was becoming more than he could bear. Her constant nagging. Always asking him to help out around the clouds more and more. She’s not leaving that’s for sure. Not on her own anyway.

After all I am the King of Gods. All other Gods rise in my presence. Even the Gods that are not my children addressed me as “Father.” But even they are getting to be a royal pain. All the other Gods want is their entertainment. I keep getting them mixed up anyway.

And our daughter, Aphrodite, now there was a serious problem. Even for me with my  many erotic escapades, her many amorous adventures put me to shame even after I arranged to marry her off to that ugly Hephaestus for a heavenly profit. How horrible to be known as the father of the goddess of procreation. Yikes!

I need to slow down or I’ll work myself to death. Ha!

What I really need are more thunderbolts!

9 thoughts on “Wanted! More Thunderbolts

1. Suzanne Joshi June 14, 2015 / 5:51 pm

I think he’ll find more lightening bolts is not the answer to his problems..I don’t know who would be willing to tell him though. Well done Danny. 🙂 — Suzanne

• Danny James June 14, 2015 / 8:01 pm

Not me that’s for sure! Thanks for stopping by.

2. babso2you June 10, 2015 / 10:41 am

I enjoyed your story Danny! One correction if I may…3 paragraphs up from he bottom, the second to the last sentence, “know” should be “known.” 🙂 Again a very good story! Thanks for writing again for the MFtS challenge. Be well… ^..^

3. draliman June 10, 2015 / 9:29 am

It is easy to get all those gods mixed up! Poor Zeus is at the end of his tether, and it’s the humans down below who are going to suffer. Great story!

4. loisajay June 10, 2015 / 7:02 am

Thunderbolts of lightning! Very, very striking! He needs Freddie.

5. Priceless Joy June 9, 2015 / 11:34 pm

I think Hera will get him those for Christmas. LOL! Great story!