Which Way?

Submitted  for Friday Fictioneers. My story follows the picture prompt. Other stories can be found by clicking on the blue frog at the end of this post.

PHOTO PROMPT - © Dee Lovering
© Dee Lovering

I knew things were going to be bad when I saw the empty bench. I had told her, under no circumstances, was she to leave that bench until I returned.

We were innocently walking along the riverfront when it happened. He came out from behind one of the empty fair booths with lightening speed, grabbed her purse, and was quickly lost in the crowd.

I followed but he was at least twenty years younger and a hell of a lot  faster.

Looking at that empty  bench  I looked  in the  sky  for an answer to which way she might have gone.

17 thoughts on “Which Way?

1. Suzanne Joshi May 5, 2015 / 9:45 am

This plot is getting more tangled. Sounds like a good mystory. Well done. 🙂 — Suzanne

2. gahlearner May 1, 2015 / 6:47 pm

No purse, no woman… the poor narrator has stressful times ahead of him. I just hope she didn’t go after the thief and now is in danger.

• Danny James May 1, 2015 / 10:06 pm

So many possibilities…thanks for commenting!

3. lingeringvisions by Dawn April 30, 2015 / 9:46 pm

This is interesting. If she didn’t go after the criminal and she wasn’t there crying or fuming, where did she go and why?

4. draliman April 30, 2015 / 12:35 pm

I hope she’s okay. I agree with Francesca – there could be something bigger happening here that would take a whole novel for him to sort out.

5. Lorna's Voice April 30, 2015 / 12:32 pm

Reminds me of when my ex husband got pick-pocketed in Rome. Quick and clever. Never saw them coming or going. Great story that hit close to home…

• Danny James April 30, 2015 / 4:49 pm

That’s sad. You always think you are aware of your surroundings and then WHAM, it happens.

• Lorna's Voice April 30, 2015 / 6:13 pm

Yup. Although I wasn’t pick pocketed. He got distracted by a lovely Italian woman with large breasts. Men! 😉

6. patrickprinsloo April 30, 2015 / 12:12 pm

Oh dear, she found some circumstances! Let’s hope it turns out okay.

7. Francesca Smith April 30, 2015 / 4:41 am

Sounds like the beginning of a crime drama. A well written story, and I like how he looks to the sky for answers, because, I have seen that before so it makes this realistic.