Still Fishing After All These Years

This post is written in response  to Mondays Finish the Story challenge.

Finish the story begins with:  “Dropping her line into Fool’s Lake, she patiently waited for something to bite.”

2015-02-09-bw-beacham

Dropping her line into Fool’s Lake, she patiently waited for something to bite.

After all she had described herself perfectly. Young, attractive, PhD. in Clinical Psychology, and most importantly, single. Well almost she admitted.

She considered thirty-five to be young. You are always young she thought. Anyone older was a fossil. What was age but a number she thought. To someone fifty I am young her thought process continued.

Attractive? Well just who determines that she said to the bathroom mirror? I considered  myself attractive and that is all that really matters. Her mother considered her attractive didn’t she? And her girlfriend Kelly thought so but  then Kelly was really almost ugly. But hey, that still counts.

The PhD degree was a bit of a stretch she had to admit to herself. But she knew enough Psychology to answer any question posed to her with another question. Always put the ball in your opponents  court  was her philosophy.

It has been a week since she posted her profile on the social site  and still no hits. Maybe it was the picture she used. It did look a lot like Lady Gaga. But still…….

16 thoughts on “Still Fishing After All These Years

1. Suzanne Joshi February 15, 2015 / 1:00 pm

Now I’m wondering if she used a picture of Lady Gaga in place of her own. She seems to have an excessive amount of selt-confidence. She may be in for a shock. Well done as always, Danny. 🙂 — Suzanne

2. afairymind February 11, 2015 / 1:40 pm

Good little story. I like the way she considers the accuracy of her ‘bait’. I hope someone eventually bites. 🙂

3. milliethom February 10, 2015 / 3:32 pm

I like this take on the online pond, Danny. She certainly set herself up well as bait, considering her chances of being ‘caught’ from all angles. Nice one. 🙂

4. John Yeo February 10, 2015 / 12:52 pm

Great vision of the on-line pond ~ If you don’t like the bite ~ Throw it back ~ Adjusting the bait accordingly~ Well done Danny 🙂

5. draliman February 10, 2015 / 6:01 am

Online dating equals Fool’s Lake 🙂
    I hope she gets a bite in time for Valentine’s Day.

• Oh Danny Boy February 10, 2015 / 5:08 pm

You are good at math. More nibbles than bites me thinks

6. summerstommy2 February 9, 2015 / 5:53 pm

Good one DJ and yes age is a number but one that never gets any lower….have a good week.

7. babso2you February 9, 2015 / 12:22 pm

Another good one Danny! Thanks again for participating! See you next week? Be well…. ^..^