Water Therapy

Written for Mondays Finish The Story. For other stories click on the little blue box at the end of this post. My story follows the picture. Enjoy!

2014-12-08 - BW Beacham

Donning her fins and snorkel, she headed out into the deep water. She had practiced for this day for over three months with her husband Gary. It was all part of her therapy. All her life she had been afraid being in the water. Her therapist had suggested, and David agreed, that she should start out slowly to gain confidence over her fear of water.

Her fear of water not only included deep water but swimming pools and bathtubs. She knew she had a serious problem when she realized she was afraid of even entering the water and sometimes even to look at a large body of water filled her with fear. Aquaphobia her therapist called it.

She never took ocean cruises with her friends. Once, she had worked up  her nerve and gone white water rafting with Gary. That experience set her back about two years she thought.

Her hope was that if she was able to overcome this phobia her crumbling marriage had a chance of being saved. David had been a saint in getting to this point. He had promised to keep the boat nearby so if she became anxious she could return to the safety of the boat.

Her confidence was high as she turned and looked for Gary and the boat. All she saw as open water.

18 thoughts on “Water Therapy

1. Tena Carr December 14, 2014 / 3:19 pm

*gulp* where is that boat?…. Even with the story ending where it did, I can sense the young woman’s fear rising.

2. Suzanne Joshi December 12, 2014 / 3:49 pm

Danny, Great twist at the end. I wonder what excuse he’ll use if someone find her body. The finger of guilt kind of points to him. It points to him even if her body isn’t found. Well written. 🙂 — Susan

3. summerstommy2 December 9, 2014 / 10:42 pm

Well done DJ, great build up of tension, fear of the bath even. So now what happens next?

• Oh Danny Boy December 10, 2014 / 8:47 pm

Always appreciate you stopping by. Next?…..there are a few possibilities I’m thinking about.

4. Caerlynn Nash December 9, 2014 / 11:53 am

Oh my. I guess he had enough. Nice response to the prompt.

• Oh Danny Boy December 9, 2014 / 12:11 pm

Thanks! Took some planning on his part didn’t it?

5. draliman December 9, 2014 / 6:37 am

Ooh, a few options here. Her fear has prevented her from seeing the boat straight away, this is a case of (really) tough love. or hubby’s trying to get rid of her 😦

My preferred therapy for things I fear is “avoidance” 🙂

Cool story!

• Oh Danny Boy December 9, 2014 / 8:34 am

Take your pick I guess. Interesting comment. I had in mind that he was trying to get rid of her. I too prefer avoidance instead of confrontation.

6. babso2you December 8, 2014 / 9:31 pm

Excellent! I felt the fear of turning and looking for Gary and the boat! Good writing! Thank you again for taking part and stay tuned! I hope that you participate next week too! I am truly enjoying your writing style! ^..^

• Oh Danny Boy December 8, 2014 / 10:29 pm

Thanks BW. Hope you have more responses to your challenge. I enjoy it. Have a reminder set up so I don’t forget.

• babso2you December 8, 2014 / 10:34 pm

🙂 There will be more…Summerstommy2 told me that I have to consider the holidays coming up…It makes my heart sing that I am inspiring others to write for this challenge and I am so happy that you enjoy it! Stay tuned for the game next week! ^..^

7. loisajay December 8, 2014 / 9:10 pm

Either this or a drowning. Soon as I saw the water, I thought: “Danny is up to no good with this writing.” I was right! But it was a good one! 🙂

• Oh Danny Boy December 8, 2014 / 9:23 pm