Teaser Tuesday 11.12.13

Credit to “A Mixed Bag”

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

“The view was spectacular, and when the Saco was calm (which it usually was once its spring convulsions had subsided), you could see all the colors twice, once above and once below. Everything was silence at the far end of the Riv’s run; it was as if God was holding His breath.”

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

What others are reading:

12 thoughts on “Teaser Tuesday 11.12.13

• Danny James November 12, 2013 / 12:50 pm

Thanks for the comment. I’ll look at yours in a moment.

1. WordsAndPeace November 12, 2013 / 9:44 am

not sure why, was not expecting this book to start this way

• Danny James November 12, 2013 / 12:51 pm

It didn’t. I’ve updated the post. It’s any two sentences in the book at random. Thanks for the comment though.

• WordsAndPeace November 12, 2013 / 12:57 pm

stupid me, of course. I posted to Tuesday Teasers on one blog and First Paragraph First chapter on another one, so I must have gotten confused. sorry

2. Al November 12, 2013 / 9:43 am

Is it a horror? I know King writes in several genres

• Al November 12, 2013 / 1:19 pm

Excellent 😀 It has been a while since I have read a decent horror. I will have to look this up

• Al November 12, 2013 / 1:30 pm

Haha I just realised … this is in my book case 😀

• Danny James November 12, 2013 / 1:40 pm

I know the feeling. I’ve done that a few times myself. Especially authors who have many books like Steven King, John Grisham, etc.

• Al November 12, 2013 / 2:01 pm

I brought a James Herbert book the other day, went to put it in my book shelf and sent a text to my sister to see if she wanted it as it was already there lol