8 thoughts on “Guess My Name

1. trifectawriting October 14, 2013 / 12:02 am

My father quit cold turkey last year, after 40 years of the stuff. He has COPD, and I hate that it’ll continue to progress even though he’s made such improvements in the way he treats his body. I hate that these were sold to that generation in the way they were. At least I grew up knowing they would kill me. He didn’t have that luxury.

Sorry for the emotional vomit. 🙂

Thanks for linking up. I think you want that ‘my’ to read ‘me’?

• Danny James October 14, 2013 / 12:00 pm

Thanks for the catch. It’s been changed.
      Agree with your statements!

2. ann bennett October 13, 2013 / 3:54 pm

As a former smoker, I can’t agree more. I quit cold turkey and I do know it is because I truly loathed my habit. Looking back, it was a challenge. I stayed away from smokers and would recall my smoker’s cough anytime I thought of resuming. When you are young, you think you are invincible.

• Danny James October 13, 2013 / 4:53 pm

You are correct! I quit 04-15-77. Reason I remember is because it was tax day and I had just bought a brand new 77 Buick Regal. My old car was just an overgrown ashtray. Lived on Butterscotch candy for a long time.

3. jannatwrites October 13, 2013 / 11:39 am

After a lifetime spent trying to get my parents to step away from the cigs, I’d believe those rolled cancer sticks were the devil.

• Danny James October 13, 2013 / 4:55 pm

Agree My mom and dad both smoked. Unfiltered cigs at that. Both never quit. Mom even smoked in the last days of her life while she was receiving oxygen

4. Draug419 October 13, 2013 / 10:31 am

Cigarettes really are the devil, in my opinion!