This week we wanted to do something to mark the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, and we foolishly thought that would be easy. There are so many amazing Yiddish words that found their way into the English language, and we thought it would be great to highlight one. To find one with a third definition, however, was not so easy. We thought all was lost until we stumbled upon this gem. tush
1. a long pointed tooth; especially : a horse’s canine2. an interjection used to express disdain or reproach3. buttocks (slang)
Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends. Now let’s all write our tushes off.Remember:
• Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
• You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
• The word itself needs to be included in your response.
• You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
• Only one entry per writer.
• If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
• Trifecta is open to everyone.